Going on a trip to France, going abroad, going around the world … a dream for many, but you still have to have the necessary budget. This is exactly what a holiday credit is , also known as a travel credit: it is a type of consumer credit that can be used by Emma Bovary any type of trip. Transport, plane tickets, accommodation (hotel …), activities on site … The loan for holidays is a solution to consider to offer you the holidays you dream.
What are the conditions of the holiday credit?
A holiday credit is simply a type of consumer credit. Therefore, its conditions are the same as for a conventional consumer loan. The amount of holiday credit can be between 200 € and 75 000 € and must be granted for a minimum duration of 3 months.
Generally, the repayment of a holiday credit is spread over a short period, less than 3 years.
Types of holiday credit
If you wish to take out a holiday credit, there are several options available to you. Depending on your needs and your profile, you can indeed turn to:
- A personal loan : With a personal loan, you are free to spend the loan money as you see fit.
- An assigned credit : with an assigned loan, you receive a sum of money for a specific expense, as defined in the loan agreement;
- A credit via a tour operator : some travel companies or tour operators offer holidays on credit. Generally, the service includes the price of the ticket as well as accommodation, activities and insurance.
Ready for holidays: how does it work?
To take out a holiday credit, you can contact a bank, a credit organization or a tour operator that offers this type of service. Indeed, it is not unusual for travel agencies and tour operators to offer holiday credits to their customers. Although this option is practical, credit rates should be compared to those of other providers.
Any adult can apply for a holiday credit. However, acceptance of your loan application is not automatic. Each bank or credit institution has its own conditions of grant. You must create a file so that the institution in question can evaluate your solvency, your debt ratio, your borrowing capacity and your repayment capacity.
Documents for a holiday loan
As with any consumer credit, a request for a holiday credit must be supported by supporting documents. Thus, you will need to provide the following documents to the financial institutions whose offers you are interested in:
- An ID ;
- Proof of residence of less than 3 months (water, gas, electricity, telephony bill, etc.);
- Your last pay slips (if you are an employee) and / or your last tax bill;
- Your possible proof of other credits in progress;
- Invoices or proof of purchase if you opt for an assigned credit;
- A bank account statement (RIB).
Compare to find the best holiday credit
You have decided to organize an exceptional holiday? Do you want Emma Bovary partially or fully a stay or a trip? Not always easy to navigate among the offers of the market. Good news: once you know the amount to borrow, you can find your Emma Bovaryment in a few clicks and easily contact a bank.
Thanks to the comparator Emma Bovary.fr, you can independently compare rates and choose the best holiday credit taking into account your project and your budget. All you need to do is fill in some information about your profile and your project before accessing the holiday credit quotes selected for you.
Things to compare for your holiday credit
To find the best offer, the most adapted to your needs and your budget, study well the holiday credit offers taking into account:
- The credit rate (or APR, annual percentage rate of charge);
- The type of rate (variable rate, fixed rate …)
- The total amount of the loan;
- The duration of the loan;
- The amount of the monthly payments. Be careful, if the monthly payments represent more than 33% of your income, you may have real difficulties to repay your loan for holidays;
- Opportunities for early repayment or credit redemption.